I have been wanting to get my parents slides digitized for a while. After an extensive search across the country for the best price per slide it turned out that the best price was right in my backyard in Mesa (at least it is the best price until their special ends at the end of February). I asked Mom to package up the slides and send them my way. I then spent a solid week looking at about 2,000 slides! I narrowed it down to 1,300 that worthy of being digitized.
It was so much fun! I really enjoyed watching my early childhood memories and reminiscing about how much fun this or that was. I was surprised at times at which slides brought back the most memories (a picture of Mom sitting on her stool at the counter talking on the phone!). My kids got to glimpse some of the pics although they didn't have the stamina to make it through them all. After several photos of Mom on the phone the kids said that I was just like Grandma!
I cannot wait to get them back. Of course it will take a few weeks because the special is so popular that they are quite backlogged. I couldn't believe how many slides were stacked around the store when I dropped Mom's slides off.
So, just when I thought I was done looking at slides Hal decided it was too good of a deal to pass up and he spent this week looking at his 2,000 slides. He also narrowed it down to about 1,400. It was fun for me to watch his childhood as well as many slides from the time he lived in Korea as a missionary.
We are going to take his slides in today. Now we just have to wait to see them again. We are so spoiled with our digital cameras.
When I get Mom's back I will be sure to post some of my favorites!
Our First House
10 years ago
2 comments:
Wow! What a huge project! So cool for you to be able to see all those fun memories, though.
Great idea...Corey's family has quite a few slides, but he scanned them into our computer. I remember always wanting to watch a slide show when I stayed at Neal and Patsy's. They had quite a few, too! I'm sure your parents appreciate your efforts.
Post a Comment