Popcorn Anyone????
I know many of you are waiting with baited breath to see Becca's science fair project. She turned it in on Friday and Monday when I picked her up from school I was able to go and see all the projects.
I found her project in the cafeteria, before I found her and was delighted to see that she had won a blue ribbon. She won first place in Physics out of all the 7th and 8th graders. Everything at her school was divided into categories such as physics, chemistry etc. Each category has a first, second and third place winner who will be able to go on to the ASU science fair. She is very excited.
For her project she tested microwave oven wattage. She selected four microwave ovens with varying watts, two we owned and one from each of our next door neighbors. She then popped microwave popcorn from the same case of popcorn (thanks Tonya and Brent for the fabulous Christmas present) for exactly two minutes. She popped three bags in each of the four microwaves. After two minutes she opened the bags and counted the remaining unpopped kernels. Her predictions were correct and the microwave with the highest wattage cooked the most kernels.
Her entire project was to be done anonymously and her name was only on the back. Thankfully it occurred to us, at 10 p.m. the night before it was due, to remove the photos on her project and replace them with Becca cropped out!
Congrats on First Place!
Go Becca!
3 comments:
yahoo! Awesome project! now I know where the brainiacs live...I will send my children over when their homework stumps me!
She gets all of her smarts from her mom!
Excellent project. Darby was disappointed not to donate her microwave to the cause. We will definitely have to copy you next time we have a project! Way to be the cutting edge of science!
Post a Comment